Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm a nerd

Have you ever gotten up in the morning and wondered what to wear? I have a couple of daughters who don't really worry about it, they just wear the same thing every day! I keep trying to tell them, that they need to pick out different clothes, that it is in fact, "nerdy" to wear the same thing day after day. It is a constant battle. Well, I guess you have to be careful what you preach. On Tuesday, I went to the temple with a friend so I got dressed up in my "Sunday clothes". We had a great time and when I came home, I started working on all the afternoon projects. Around 5:30, I was getting leftovers out for the kids when a friend came over for dinner. (Yes, I served left-overs to our dinner guest. That is the first mark to my nerdiness!)
If anyone else wants left-overs, just let me know, and I'll gladly serve them up! So anyway, here I was still in my "Sunday clothes" serving up the delectable dishes. Our friend hung out with us for the night and we all watched Supercross. The next day, I got up and got dressed and went about my day. We had a Young Women's activity planned that night to go to the Temple Open House in Draper. When it came time to change, I sat in my closet wondering what to wear. I saw my outfit from the day before and I thought, hmmm no one that I'll be hanging out with tonight saw me yesterday so maybe I'll just wear the same outfit again! The only one who would notice is the guy that was here last night, and there's no way I'll see him. So, I happily threw on the same outfit chuckling at my clever trick. After the temple, the girls wanted to grab some dinner at Cafe Rio. We went inside and started ordering when I was suddenly bear hugged by one of my best girlfriends. I was so excited to see her, but guess who she is married to...yup, the guy from Supercross the night before. A million thoughts went through my mind. Where can I hide, How can I do a quick wardrobe change, What are the odds that I would see him, and What are the odds that i would see him! So, I talked to them, all the while wondering if he was thinking, "What a nerd, she was wearing that exact same outfit yesterday." Then I remembered... He is a guy. Maybe there is hope. Maybe he didn't even notice what I was wearing then or now. So, I relaxed a little and ate my dinner. But I'll always be wondering, did he notice? I guess for now, I can be sure... I'm a nerd!

4 comments:

Elise & Ty said...

What you should have been asking is "what are the odds he will EVER remember???" Being married to said "supercross guy", I can tell you he forgets everything-especially clothes. But I'l still call you a nerd for wearing the same thing two days in a row. :)

Catherine said...

I've done it before. Especially when I was in Young Womens. So i guess I'm a nerd too. Too bad I don't care (too much) !!!

Jen Hallam said...

Nerd alert! If you are a nerd, then I want to be one too as you are the coolest nerd I know. "She's bringing NERDY back!"

rae huntsman said...

Hey Blake and Sarah

Just went blog hopping today. Just want to say hi from Rigby...well Grant. Your family is beautiful!!

Radene Huntsman