Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dog for sale

Sometimes I wonder if I have a Peter Pan dog. You know, the kind that never grows up. Yesterday, we had the joy of our street being resurfaced. We had to park our cars down the street and take a five minute walk to get to them if we wanted to go somewhere. The company doing the resurfacing was kind enough to leave a note on the door informing us that we better get our cars out of our garages and onto a different street if we wanted to go anywhere. They then informed us that we should stay off the street for at least 8 hours if we didn't want tar all over ourselves. So being the good girl that I am, I obeyed. (Even though it was minutes before the tar began to pour since my kids were kind enough to take the paper off the door and randomly hide it for me to find in the nick of time). So Missy our beloved Lhasa Apso needed to go "potty". I let her out and didn't think much of it. About 15 minutes later, I got a call from the neighbor telling me that she had cute little black dog paws all over her driveway and the sidewalk. Not really her decorating style. AAARRRGGG! So after a 20 walk around all the detours, I finally tracked her down and brought her home. (The dog, not the neighbor) I was pretty mad at her and made her stay in the garage for a while. So then last night before I went to bed, I noticed a present. Missy had puked all over my room and the great room. Apparently, she had eaten a carrot. What dog eats carrots? Apparently mine does.
I'm so glad the kids love her!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I know several dogs that love baby carrots. But they are rough on the digestive system as the dog gets older, as results such as Missy's have been seen.