Sunday, September 27, 2009
Sunday's update
Today was a very emotional day for me. I knew I should have put on waterproof mascara when my eyes began "leaking" as I listened to spiritual music while getting ready for church. I got everyone up and ready for church pretty well this morning. Getting there by 9:00 has been quite a challenge and I really tried to be on time this time! Anyway, throughout the day, I had many people asking me how I was doing. One thing I've figured out is that I seem to be doing great until someone asks me how I am doing. I feel a bit like Pavlov's dog... Someone asks me how I'm doing and tears come to my eyes! I did make it through church alright. Today was a little rough for Halli. She seemed more swollen and puffy. She has also developed a cough. The doctor said that it is because all the fluids in her body are pushing everything up and crowding her lungs. Hopefully, as she loses fluid, that will remedy itself. She also seems to be battling mood swings. The medication seems to make her more grumpy. I am trying very hard to be patient, but as this goes on for a few weeks, I will be praying for the strength to continue to be patient. She also has already seen the side effect of not being able to sleep. She told me today that she woke up in the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I don't know how long she was up... poor girl! We did have some fun moments today. The girls played twister and got all tangled up, and went for a little walk to the park for a bit. We are grateful for everyones support in joining us in our fast. Beginning tomorrow, I will start tracking Halli's weight gain/loss and protein count. I am grateful to be able to monitor everything from home. I will try to be diligent in updating the results on this blog. Thank you again for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Being somewhat experienced in steroid use... the up at night and mood swings are totally normal. The fantastic thing is the steroids will work and you will gradually see Halli return to normal.
Wish I could be there...
Big Hug!!
Post a Comment